Agile Business Analyst
This four-day APMG accredited course provides participants with knowledge and understanding of Business Analyst responsibilities on an Agile project. Like AgilePM, this is a DSDM based course and basics of the DSDM framework are covered plus the AgileBA role from different perspectives – exploring Agile practices and techniques in detail.
This course has 2 parts:
- 3-days AgileBA® Foundation
- 1-day AgileBA® Practitioner
Share This Course
The AgileBA course is slightly different in that the Foundation and Practitioner exams are based upon the same content. There is no further training after the Foundation exam only coaching and practice for the Practitioner exam.
This course covers:
- The role of the Business Analyst, in an Agile World
- Agile Fundamentals and the Agile BA
- The Agile Business Case
- Stakeholders in Agile Project
- Requirements and User Stories
- Timeboxing and iterative development
- Requirements Planning and Estimating Throughout the Lifecycle
- The Requirements Lifecycle in an Agile Project
- Making the transition to the Agile BA
NB: Scrum is not covered and will not be examined, but typically group discussions leads this way and we’re happy to accommodate if a class requires.
Our advice would be to send BA’s on this course rather than the AgilePM course. It is not a replacement for traditional BA training and is most useful for those new to Agile and looking to transition to a project, product or BAU focused Agile role.
The intended audience for this course are BAs as well as Change Analysts, Project Managers with BA duties, Scrum Product Owners, and Product Managers
Simple multiple choice:
- Around 1530 on day 3
- 50 questions / 50 marks
- 25 marks needed to pass – 50%
- 40 minutes
Having successfully passed the Foundation exam delegates can then prepare to sit the Practitioner exam. This is a complex multiple choice:
- Around 1330 on day 4
- 4 multi-part questions per paper
- 80 marks available / 20 marks per question
- 40 marks needed to pass – 50%
- 2 hours and 30 minutes
- Open book handbook
NB: Photo ID is required to take these exams.
The last day will finish by 16:00 after the Practitioner exam.
- AgileBA Foundation exam fee
- AgileBA Practitioner exam fee
- Workbook of slides
- Case study and answer pointers
- Latest AgileBA Handbook
- Coffee & refreshments if public course
- One year free membership of the Agile Business Consortium
- Public courses will typically run at a central London location
- In-house courses can be run at your office or a suitable location of your choosing