Who is this for?
The world is becoming increasingly more complex, as technologies and networks drive innovation. This inescapable truth means teams and organisation are facing unprecedented levels of change and uncertainty. This course is ideal for Project Managers and other agile leaders, but also anyone looking for an introduction to agile as a way to better navigate complexity. It is also a very useful course for those who will perform a different role within an agile project.
As will be highlighted and discussed within the course, the AgilePF can be used to wrap other agile approaches, such as scrum or kanban. So, those who might work as developers or analysts would benefit from this course by learning how to work within the project framework, as would Scrum Masters, or others, looking to work in a more scaled Agile environment.
Participants will look at how to organise and run projects, using an agile project framework and explore the topic of Agile in a wider context.
There are two levels of certification for AgilePM – Foundation and the optional more advanced Practitioner.
- The course in 3-days Foundations + 1-day Practitioner (optional)
- The training is based upon the AgilePM handbook, which is split into two parts:
- The first section is the basis of Foundations exam
- The second part of the handbook is titled ‘Digging Deeper‘ and builds on the Foundations section and is the basis of the Practitioner content.
- Here we are starting to think about how to apply the framework in the real world
- We start with the 3-day Foundation course and exam.
- Unlike some other training organisations, we cover the content for both Foundations and Practitioner.
- So, you’ll get the practitioner knowledge even if you don’t do the exam (you always sit it later)
- On day four, we get ready for the AgilePM Practitioner exam which we will sit in the afternoon
- Please note, passing the AgilePM Foundation exam is a prerequisite to sitting the Practitioner exam.
What’s the agenda?
The agenda is as follows, although no two courses are the same and things may flex a little based on the group and discussions. We’ll also do exercises, practice questions, and have discussions, during and between topics, to make the course as engaging as possible for learners.
Day 1 – 0930 to 1700
- Welcome and introductions
- What is Agile? Choosing an appropriate Agile approach
- Philosophy, Principles and Project Variables
- Preparing for Success
- The DSDM Process
- The People – DSDM Roles and Responsibilities
- The DSDM Products
Day 2 – 0930 to 1700
- Key Practices – Prioritisation and Timeboxing
- Planning and Control throughout the Lifecycle
- Other practices: Facilitated Workshops, Modelling, and Iterative Development
Start of ‘Digging Deeper‘ content
- Roles and Responsibilities – the PM view
- Agile Project Management – through the lifecycle
- The Effective Use of the Products
Day 3 – 0930 to 1700
- Deliver on time – Combining MoSCoW Prioritization and Timeboxing
- People, Teams and Interactions
- Requirements and User Stories
- Estimating – How and When
- Project Planning through the Lifecycle
- Quality – Never Compromise Quality
- Risk Management
- Tailoring the approach
- Foundation exam:
- Preparation and revision time
- AgilePM Foundation exam (typically 3pm)
Day 4 – 0930 to 1700
- Practitioner exam preparation
- AgilePM Practitioner Exam
What are the benefits to you?
Agile project management is more than just a trend; it’s a vital approach for organisations of all sizes in today’s increasingly complex world. With agile approaches being adopted in more sectors, understanding AgilePM concepts to effectively organise and projects is becoming the norm for a project management role.
This is an internationally recognised certification and upon successful completion of the exam(s) you will be able to showcase your digital badges on your email signature and social media profiles.
What are the benefits to your organisation?
In a nutshell, agile project management techniques can help your organisation deliver better outcomes more quickly, with less risk and greater team collaboration.
- Incremental and iterative value-focused approach to projects
- Early delivery of real value to business stakeholders resulting in early ROI
- Reduce the risk of delivering the wrong product/service
- Effective use of people and resources to maximise business benefits and reduce waste
- Enhance organisational and team collaboration via increased visibility, understanding and purpose of work
- Team and personal competency and capability development through skills/knowledge sharing
- Improved relationships with customers and other stakeholders
- Better team morale from frequent early wins
Delivery & style
This is a live online course, in a virtual classroom, with a highly experienced,
certified trainer. For a better online experience, we limit course sizes to 8 participants. Topics will be covered using an engaging mix of visual slides, discussion, case studies and practical exercises. Death by PowerPoint is avoided at all costs! We will use the Zoom video conferencing tool to host the virtual classroom and Mural (an online collaboration tool) to work in teams and break-out groups during exercises.
This is a certified course leading to an internationally recognised qualification from the APMG. The Foundation exam is a simple multiple-choice:
- Online, at the end of day-3
- 50 questions / 50 marks
- 25 marks needed to pass – 50%
- 40 minutes
The Practitioner exam is a complex multiple-choice taken the afternoon of day four:
- 4 multi-part questions per paper
- 80 marks available / 20 marks per question
- 40 marks needed to pass – 50%
- 2 hours and 30 minutes
- Open book – official handbook only
- AgilePM Foundation and/or Practitioner exam fee
- Latest AgilePM Handbook as eBook (worth £30)
- Agile Project Management training Certificate of Attendance
- Extra Foundation practice questions
- Electronic workbook of slides
- Case study and answer pointers
- We recommend running a Zoom test before registering to check they are able to connect.
- Participants will also use Mural as a collaboration space and to complete exercises during the course.
- Complete information and instructions on how to acess the virtual classroom and additional tools will be provided after registration.